Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yamato Damacy

If you know anything about me, you know that I lived in Japan for 3 years and that I made a series of videos while I was there with my friends Rahman and Luka.

The name comes from 大和魂 (yamato damashii), which is a phase roughly translated as Japanese Spirit, and is generally a nationalistic phrase. You'd never hear a gaijin saying it... which is why we used that name. It goes along with the suprise everyone had at us foreigners speaking Japanese.

It was a lot of fun. And people seemed to like it. But since I haven't been able to do anything nearly as big, it makes me feel like a total internet famous has been. ><; The best episodes are as follows: Episode 9: Setsubun

This episode was the BEST. Dressed up as an 鬼 (oni), I ran out of a phone booth to scare people.

Episode 3: Karaoke

This episode was funny just for the end, if nothing else.

Episode 10: Vanity Project

On the whole, we usually would just do interview videos. But in this one, we were fed up showing others, and just made a short film featuring us. It turned out okay, but people really seemed to like it.

Episode 29: Vanity Project 2

This episode was the prequel to Episode 10. The editing and cheesy dialogue make this a classic.

You can see all the episodes on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=40EA472A4F34B0AD

You can also check out the Revecess Wiki entry for even more info.

No comments: